Sunday, December 23, 2012

'Round Here

It's time for a little life update! Let's see, what have we been up to...

We moved in to our new house last weekend, and we are loving it! It feels much more like home compared to our rent house, which is nice. This is our "first" Christmas so of course we had no option but to put up a tree. Saturday night, after we moved in, we went tree shopping. We got a pretty tree and lots of ornaments, and when we got home we put it together and I got started decorating it. I was exhausted from moving, but I was determined to get that thing up! I have a feeling I won't want to take it down in just a few short days.


We put it up in front of the big window in the dining room, so it's kind of hard to get a good picture. I think I may need to add some more things to it, but overall she looks pretty!


Lucy is relaxing by the tree after 3 days full of adventures. More on that later...

One of my besties, Kara, had a baby! Welcome to the world Cooper Jack!

Congrats Kara and Andrew! He is absolutely perfect!

The girls and I had our annual Christmas party for, say, probably the 20th year in a row. I love these girls to death, and I'm so happy we are still best friends after all these years! We forgot to get a pic before Christy left, and Liz wasn't able to make it, but here we are!

I had to take a screen shot, so ya know, not the best.

Dad celebrated another birthday. 39th, I believe. ;)

Best Dad a girl could ask for! Love him!

Kirby won "The Sherman." He insisted that I blog about it. The Sherman is the name of their trophy for his Fantasy Football League. There's a story behind the name...quite silly if you ask me!

Lucy has managed to escape our new backyard 3 times now in 3 days. Apparently, the storm from the other night broke the latch on our gate. We thought we fixed it after her first jaunt down the street, but then the next day she showed up on the front porch with the pizza delivery guy. There's no telling how long she'd been out there or what she had been doing. So, obviously the fence needs more of a fix than we thought. For now our 50 pound Hog is guarding the gate :) Today I went out to get her, and she was gone again!!! Then I saw her across the fence in the neighbor's backyard. A board was loose on the fence and somehow her chunky little butt managed to squeeze through! She came back through though and we blocked the hole.

Our second night in the new house, we found Lucy just chillin' in the office.


Mom sent me this pic a few weeks ago of Chip and Phoebe sleeping on their backs. They look like an old married couple. So funny!


Tonight for dinner we had spaghetti and green beans. While we were eating Kirby goes "Is it just me or do these green beans taste like brown sugar?" I took a bite and agreed that they tasted funny, like cinnamon or something. I got to thinking about it, and we figured out why they tasted funny...


Apparently, you need to wash your pan several times after putting this smell good concoction in it.

That's what we've been up to! Merry Christmas!!!



~Janae















1 comment:

  1. yay for a new blogpost = ) we'll have to dinner at your house sometime so we can all see it!

    ReplyDelete