Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful

Warning: longest blog ever and a little random

Lots of exciting things have been going on lately! Like...my dress came in!!!!! It came in while I was in Dallas, and I could not wait to get home to try it on. I still love it just as much as I did back in July. :) I also ordered my wedding shoes a few days ago, and they came in today! I love them! I feel like I've been pretty productive on the wedding front lately. I have been working on favors and other little details the past couple of weeks. My mom has been busy making things, too. She is making the ringbearer pillow, my garters, and table runners for the reception. Everything is turning out so cute! Other accomplishments in the past week or two include, bridesmaid dresses and getaway car! Yay! Now we just need a band...any suggestions? Only 192 more days!

The Saturday before Thanksgiving I flew to Dallas to see Kirby. I got there at 11:00, so we went and ate lunch at Maple and Motor. They have the most delicious burgers ever! After that we went to Petco in Plano to look at a dog. Tell me this isn't the cutest face you've ever seen besides Chip's of course.


Kirby spotted Whiskey on a flyer at Schlotzsky's one day while eating lunch and fell in love thought he was a cool dog. He emailed the adoption group, and they told him they were having an adoption day on Saturday, so obviously we had to go meet him. There were probably 20 dogs there that were for adoption, and they were all barking and going crazy every time someone else walked up with a dog, except for Whiskey. We just knew we had to have him! Well, we start talking to the people about adopting him, and they said they had to do a home visit first. Then we told them Kirby lived in an apartment in downtown Dallas (because they asked), and they were not fond of the idea. They said he needed a yard...which is understandable, but come on. We then asked if I could take him since I have a yard, but they said no because they can't do a home visit in Arkansas. :( We were so sad. We thought it was kind of crazy how strict they were about letting people adopt a dog. It's a good thing, so that the dogs will hopefully never have to be homeless again, but just a little frustrating!

After that we were devied, but it was time to go cheer on the Hogs! We went to Hully & Mo's and watched most of the game with Burger and some other Razorback alums that were there. Then we went and met Cory to watch the end of the game. The Hogs played great and beat Mississippi State!

On Sunday night I cooked dinner for Kirby and I. He claimed it was the best chicken spaghetti he's ever had. I got it from The Pioneer Woman, and I have to admit it was pretty time consuming, but worth it!

Kirby has been wanting to see The Rum Diary for quite some time, so we finally went and saw it on Monday. I don't recommend. Johnny Depp was nice to look at though. :)

We were going to cook on Tuesday, but decided not to. Instead we went to Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum. It's a pizza place, and it was really good. It was supposed to be more like real Italian pizza, and you eat it with a fork and a knife, not with your hands. The best part may have been the dessert pizza though. I'll let you take a look for yourself.


It had caramelized apples and some other yumminess, and you could tell it was so fresh!

Wednesday morning we headed back to Arkansas to spend Thanksgiving with Kirby's family. That night we played "Screw Your Neighbor" with his mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law. It was a lot of fun, and we shared a lot of laughs! Sorry for the iPhone photos below...

John and his poker face were hilarious!

Caroline and I looking at a book

Caroline and "Coach" on Thanksgiving Day

We spent Thanksgiving Day at Kirby's cousin's house with all of his family. We ate lots of yummy food and spent some time together playing basketball, football, and Phase 10. I'm so glad I got to go this year!

That night we came back to Fayetteville and visited my parents for a little bit (and I tried on my dress for the first time).

On Friday the Hogs played LSU. This was such a HUGE game for us, so my extremely superstitious fiance insisted on watching the game at Kingfish, the same place we watched it last year when we beat LSU. The Hogs started off doing so good, but then they fell apart. We were very disappointed and left a little early to go eat at Mexico Viejo. We still love our Hogs though! 

Kirby and Max at Kingfish (wearing the same outfits as last year, or in Kirby's case, the same outfit he wears every game)

Saturday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. It was great to see all of my family and spend some time with them since we hardly get to see each other. Again, we ate lots of food! My mom is such a good cook! We played "hide and seek," teacher and baby, and mommy and baby with our cousin Audrey. She is too cute!

Where's Brooke??

"1, 2, 3..."

I know I'm a little late, but I have so many things to be thankful for!

My job that allows me to see these kiddos every day


My fiance ;)



My fab friends

My family

My future family

My dog

Those are just a few things that I am so blessed to have in my life! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Now it's time to get ready for Christmas!!!

Happy Hump Day!!

Janae









1 comment:

  1. that stinks you couldn't get the dog = ( Hopefully he'll find a home soon!

    ReplyDelete