Monday, November 14, 2011

Janae Lately

What a wonderful weekend! Kirby got in town on Friday afternoon, so that night we ate dinner at Mojito's. I just love that place! Steven's Special is the best! It was so busy though. We had to sit in the very, very, very back room (I wasn't even aware it was back there) and use paper takeout menus...ha!

After that we decided to rent a movie from Redbox. There wasn't much of a selection, so with a little begging I talked Kirbs into letting us rent Something Borrowed. I have to say that I liked the book much better. The movie was alright, just a little slow and the acting was subpar. I don't think Kirby was too impressed either. He said he only agreed to watch it because he knew how much football we would have to watch the rest of the weekend. Awww ;)

Saturday morning I got a manicure while Kirby stayed home and watched Gameday. After that I came home and we got ready to run to the mall. We needed to pick out some coordinating outfits for our engagement pictures on Sunday. Actually, I already had my outfits, but I decided to buy another dress that I'd had my eye on for a while. Kirby didn't really care for the shirt I had bought for him (I didn't really care for it either, ha!), so we exchanged it and got out of there.

We headed to campus to tailgate with friends and family before the game. We had lots of yummy food! Chili, chicken and dumplings, soups, and lots of dips and sweet treats! I've got to get better at taking more pics, but these are the few that I have.

Kirby with his niece Caroline

Go Hogs! Beat the Vols!

What a great game! If you look closely by the lights in the middle of the stadium you can see the moon. It was so big and bright, then the next time we looked up it was gone!

Speaking of the moon, I walked into my bathroom one morning and this is what I saw...
The moon was HUGE and shining right in the window. It was actually like this two mornings in a row! So pretty!

Back to the weekend...so, it was an awesome game and the Hogs won 49-7. There were some awesome plays made by our guys (#1 and #2 play of the week on ESPN), and we moved up to #6 in the BCS poll!

After the game Kirby and I went home to get some beauty sleep. Sunday was the big day for engagement pictures! Pictures went really well, and I can't wait to see them. We took some on campus with the beautiful fall leaves and on the square. When we first started it wasn't very sunny, but luckily the wind had calmed down. Later on it was the opposite. I'm hoping we got some good shots though!

Kirby usually heads back to Dallas on Sunday afternoon, but since our pictures were later in the afternoon he stayed last night and left this morning. We cooked steaks, green beans, and twice-baked potatoes for dinner with Brooke and Max.

FOUR MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL UNTIL THANKSGIVING BREAK!!! HALLELUJAH! Then, I'm hopping on a plane Saturday morning to go see Kirbs in Dallas until we head back to Arkansas to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families. I got a one-way ticket to Dallas for $40, and then we will ride back together.

That's all I've got for today. Have good night!

Janae



No comments:

Post a Comment